1) The promoter is: The Glenn Gould Foundation whose registered office is at 1401-69 Yonge Street, Toronto ON M5E 1K3 Canada.
2) Employees, Directors and Twelfth Prize Jurors of The Glenn Gould Foundation or their family members, contractors, or anyone else connected in any way with the promotional contest or engaged in organizing or presenting the promotional contest shall not be permitted to enter the promotional contest or submit a nomination for Laureate selection.
3) Participants must be 18 years of age or older. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this promotional contest.
4) Citizens of Quebec are not eligible to participate in this promotional contest, but may submit a nomination.
5) Route to entry for the promotional contest and details of how to enter are via
6) Closing date for entry will be 11:59 EST, June 1, 2016. After this date, no further nominations constituting entry to the promotional contest will be accepted.
7) No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8) The promotional contest prize has an estimated value of $237.96 CND and includes The Glenn Gould Remastered box set plus postage (TBD).
9) The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotional contest and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a force majeure, including but not limited to, catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, natural disaster, labour disruption or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the promotional contest will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10) The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this promotional contest.
11) No cash alternative to the promotional contest prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Odds of winning depend on the number of nominations submitted and the final Laureate selection made by the independently adjudicated Twelfth Glenn Gould Prize Jury.
12) The promotional contest winner will be awarded to:
a) The person who submits the winning Laureate nomination as selected by the Twelfth Glenn Gould Prize Jury, an independent panel of adjudicators appointed by the promoter.
b) In the case of multiple nominations of the winning Laureate by different individuals, the promotional contest winner will be selected from the pool of eligible nominators by random draw.
c) The winner must answer a skill-testing question in order to claim his/her prize.
13) The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 30 days after the Twelfth Glenn Gould Prize Jury summit has taken place. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the promotional contest winner and pick a replacement winner. Notice shall be deemed to have been given as of the date of sending of an electronic communication (email) or paper letter sent by registered mail, return receipt requested, whichever shall take place earlier.
14) The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected and/or administered, once the location and date have been determined.
15) The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotional contest will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16) By entering this promotional contest, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17) The promotional contest and these terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. This Agreement shall exclude, and not be governed by, either the provisions of the International Sale of Goods Act, or the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods, regardless of that Convention’s legal or statutory adoption by any jurisdiction. Any dispute related to this promotional contest shall be resolved by a court of competent jurisdiction within the province of Ontario.
18) Any term or condition of this promotional contest which is unenforceable or illegal shall be severed from the Agreement and shall not affect the enforceability of other terms or condition.
19) The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Canadian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20) The promotional contest winner’s name will be available 30 days after the Twelfth Glenn Gould Prize Jury summit has taken place by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
The Glenn Gould Foundation
1401-69 Yonge Street
Toronto ON M5E 1K3
21) Entry into the promotional contest by means of submitting one or more nominations for the Twelfth Glenn Gould Prize will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supercedes all prior representations, proposals, discussions, and communications, whether oral or in writing.
22) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Google, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Glenn Gould Foundation, which does not authorize any third party to use your information.